Thursday, May 30, 2013

Where has the spring/winter gone?

Time is flying. No..... REALLY!  Aria is almost 8 months old. She's scootching (is that even a word) and all she needs is to get up on her knees and we'll have a crawler! Kaelyn starts her Toddler Tumbling class next thursday and i'm DEVASTATED that my bosses didn't get my change of availability in time so I will miss her first class! But holey smokes, she looks adorable in her "tu-toot". lol.

I think we are all a little stir crazy. The weather has been raining and storming off and on. Living across the street from a park.... I think we can ALL imagine the whining. "See?! SLIDES! SLIDES! SWINGING!!!!"

Allergies be damned, It's been a pretty good last few weeks. Despite going home for the funeral of a friend who died too young (33 years old! From complications due to pneumonia? What kind of world is this?), and not being able to medicate my allergies/sinuses while breast feeding Aria, I'm finding myself locked into all of these little moments. An early morning cuddle with Kaelyn. She loves to run into our room and hop up into our bed and cuddle. "Cudd-oh momma!".She loves to give affection lately. Hugs and kisses are handed out liberally and happily. Watching Kaelyn with Aria, playing on the floor. Kaelyn "reading" books to her or sharing her hot wheels with her sister. And the moment tonight was playing on the floor with Aria and watching her wobble her way up to my face and smiling each time she looks up. It was almost as if she was saying "SEE!!! Look what I can do! I'm proud of myself! Are you proud of me too?". I can't help but crack up because the smiles she gives you are from ear to ear and all the way up to her eyes.  Her happiness is contagious and you cant fight it if you try!

Guess I better run off to bed. Aria is sleeping in the "big girl" room now and she gets up at 4am to eat and then go back to bed. Lets hope she sleeps later tonight since i have tomorrow off!

All our love from my family to yours!

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment