Tuesday, April 19, 2016

IEP wrap up and other minutae

So, our Iep and transition to kindergarten meeting went well. We got to see the school a little bit, find out about how they plan to structure the day and the schedule for her to get pull out services (adaptive PE) and address her strengths (perfectionist, knows her skills, shapes, colors, abc's) and her weaknesses (perfectionist, leans on the classroom Para too often, avoids classmates to engage Para and teacher in classroom, etc) and we got to take a tour of the special education room where she would get pull out services for speech and OT if we need to amend that into the IEP, but the goal for now is to keep her in the classroom as much as possible so she can get the socialization she needs and learn from her peers as much as possible.
We left our IEP meeting last week and drove back home to participate in the "World's Largest Trivia Contest". It was much fun and a tradition that I've participated since my birthday. (which is in April, as is trivia, so it usually lands close to my birthday). Our team came in 11th place. 3rd or 4th 11th place finish in 5 years. 54 hours of trivia, 8 questions an hour, the length of 2 songs is all you have to call in your answer.
We also celebrated my Nana's 90th birthday with a party! Family came from all over and celebrated her and the amazing life she's lived and the strong family she has built. She's an amazing woman that I admire deeply. What woman doesn't admire a gal who can birth 9 kids without drugs? That takes some guts!
I also got to visit with my dad! It is always nice to catch up. First time we've seen him since Christmas. I traded in some genealogy stuff my dad loaned me for some family pictures. its awesome. I'll have to scan some in and post a few. I love how beautiful they are!
OH! and Kaelyn and I shared the most DELICIOUS Dairy Queen cake and had some family over to my in-laws house for our first ever joint birthday! I think its pretty neat that I have a kiddo born so close to MY birthday and Jeremy has Aria, who was born 3 days after his birthday. Groovy, right?
We're home and safe and sound and after a crazy morning/afternoon (i'll blog more about that later, when I've had time to process it a little more) we're ready to snuggle in for the night and just enjoy our little family!
Thanks for Reading my little blog!

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment