Monday, August 7, 2017

Life... still life getting in the way

Long time no blog, huh? An update from the last blog, all is well. Our school year recovered from the tough patch and ended well. A few hiccups along the road but oh well!

Kaelyn had ureter reimplantation surgery in January. Basically her ureters came into the bladder at the wrong spot and in the wrong angle. Our surgeon was amazing. Came and took out the catheters personally! Such excellent bedside manners. We couldn't have been happier. She went home on time, healed up fantastically. We really couldn't be happier. This summer we did a 4 week summer program through parks and rec and it was awesome. She still wants to go back!


Little sister Aria is doing great too! We put up bunk beds in december to give them more play room in their room and, knowing that Kaelyn had surgery coming up, Aria sleeps on the top bunk. She's SUCH a trooper!! She finished up her first year of 3k at our churches preschool and just thrived. It really is a different experience from when we had Kaelyn there. I didn't have the worries because Kaelyn was shy and didn't talk much, would she make friends? With Aria I worried if her bossy, STRONG personality would shine bright and make her friends or if it would come back and bite her. But she fell into the routine wonderfully, made friends (she still talks about this little boy, we'll call him B, and how he LOVES hot sauce. That friend moved away and she is kinda bummed. But she's got 4k to get ready for, and I am just crazy in love with her sassy bold attitude. Well, Mostly.

We finished our first year of girl scouts (daisy troop leader here.!) and loved MOSTLY ever minute. (who loves cookie season? not me. I froze trying to separate cookie orders for 5 girls. lol) But really, it was great. and I had the added bonus of being there to buffer and help Kaelyn.

Hubby and I also celebrated our 10th Anniversary!! Love it! We've made it a decade married! And in this day and age with so much loss and divorce, I consider it an accomplishment! Go us!

OH! and Big news. I joined Origami Owl as an independent Designer! larav.origamiowl.com Just in case you want some pretties. lol. It's awesome. I've been LOVING ever minute! I can't wait to see where this takes me!

Also, I met a momma (and her family too) and notice her beautiful son, who has down syndrome also. But he has mosaic down syndrome! It was so fun and warmed my heart to make a connection with a momma who knows what it's like to have a kid who has DS, but doesn't quite fit the mold! They are just a little extra special! We added each other on facebook so we'll see if it turns into a friendship or just a sounding board. I'm optimistic though!

Well, I guess that's a good update. Better hit the hay so we can take a load of brush to the dump tomorrow. On the upside, our trees look good and I wont eat the branches when we mow the lawn!


All our love, Momma and the girls


spring break trip to Sea Life at MOA


Transformer made completely of Lego's at MOA


Girls on a fake sea turtle at Sea Life


No comments:

Post a Comment