Thursday, February 10, 2011

a good day all around

Oh my goodness. I think our spell of middle of the night waking up to nurse is OFFICIALLY OVER! Kaelyn slept in today until after 9:30!! I got up at quarter after, went to the bathroom, let the dog outside, fed him, grabbed a "lactation cookie" and peeped in and she was awake and playing with the stuffed little Tigger she loves. She was smiling and happy and it was a great way to start my day off.

We putzed around in our jammies until my friend KIM had to post on her facebook status about cupcakes for her bday. Now, even though I am eating healthier to lose some weight, I still indulge every now and then. I perused the google for interesting cupcake recipes until i stumbled upon THIS GEM. I have NEVER EVER baked cupcakes or cookies from scratch. Nope. I usually get the box from betty crocker where you add egg, oil, and water. I don't want to toot my own horn, but YUMMMM. I highly recommend these DELISH cupcakes. I'm starting to make some FUN foods. To bake more, cook more, so that when Kaelyn is older, I have something to teach her besides noodles and kraft mac n cheese. lol. I am sending the majority of the cupcakes to work with the hubby since I don't want that many evil, cellulite-giving, tempting treats in the house for me to fall of the bandwagon with. I'm pretty proud that I have been able to eat well, exercise often and be healthier for Kaelyn and any future children I may have. Yay me! and Jer's co-workers get to reap the benefits!

Kaelyn had a SUPER fun bath. Jeremy ran it and made bubbles with her baby shampoo. Kaelyn's new thing is that she tried to eat the bubbles. lol. she didn't quite understand why she put them to herlips but nothing ever went in her mouth!! Super cute!! I got pictures but have to upload them. I have a sleepy cuddle bug in my arms and have to put her to bed now so I will blog more later!

OH! and I got an email from "the gene pool" support group for different genetic disorders and I am very hopeful that this will be a good fit for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment