Friday, October 7, 2016

Rough Waters

We are having a rough go of things, as of late. So that is partially why there hasn't been an update in more than a few weeks.

Kaelyn is having a rough time transitioning at school.  I don't know if the pace is too much or if the class size is overwhelming. (she was in a class of 9 last year, its 18 this year.)

She is getting pulled to the special education room for extra help more than anticipated and she's started to pout/shut down a bit too. The shut downs lead to more time in the special education room too. It's frustrating because I've been told that they are at their "wits end" and "scratching our heads to find a way to help her". So the next plan of attack is an Educational Psychologist. Hopefully they can figure out a way to help her as it sounds to me, from a mothers stand point that they just don't know what to do any more and are baffled. And that bothers me as She's barely been in school a month (just a little over if I check the calendar, I'm sure.) and she's disrupting her peers and her own education and nobody is happy. Her teacher's seem frustrated and floundering and I think it may be rubbing off on Kaelyn. I dunno. We are at a standstill. I know mainstream is working for so many kids and I hate to see Kaelyn so defeated every day when I pick her up. SOMETHING has to change. And I dont even know what. Or where to begin.  I dont think this week helped with her having a test in another city on Tuesday, and when she gets stressed she doesn't go potty. So she had the worst time of having a tummy ache that we FINALLY got taken care of last night. But darn it. Is it too much for a mommy to hope that our kiddos have an easy time? Or if they have troubles, we just want them to be lesser than they are! For her to have an easy day once in a while so that the teachers don't cringe (I'm guessing) when they see my little red car roll up to drop her off in the morning.
Staring at their salt-water tank in the radiology lab at Mn Children's St Paul.


No comments:

Post a Comment